LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCP Communication Problem - not passing data???

Hi tbd,

Thank you for your interest. I know that the sample VI may not be helpful for my final program but i need to learn from the basic.Smiley Indifferent

"This sounds like an interesting application!  Do you mind sharing some detail? "...Yes, it is an interesting application. But it is not interesting to climb very high towersSmiley Surprised

I am working for tower crane company. i need to develop an Anti-Collision Control System. There will be two or more tower cranes operating in one construction area and i must prevent them from hitting to each other. Each crane will have a set of controller, sensors x 2, DIO,  and LAN Transceiver with antenna. Sensors will provide for the position of the tower crane at any given time. Since there is only one Master, all Slaves will pass each data to the Master,and the Master will pass all data to each Slaves so that each Controller (Crane) will know each other position. To do that - I still do not know!

Knowing each other positions, by calculations, they must not hit to each other otherwise its a colateral damage (money, time, lives):smileysurprised:

This is the general idea and i am still working on the detail. I am planning to use the Prosoft Technology RadioLinx Transceiver.

Thanks always for your time. I wish someone in the forum have similar application and any advise i would greatly appreciate.

regards,

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(372 Views)

Hi jtc,

> But it is not interesting to climb very high towers:smileysurprised:

Shows you have a healthy respect for heights!

jtc wrote:

...i need to develop an Anti-Collision Control System. There will be two or more tower cranes operating in one construction area and i must prevent them from hitting to each other.

May I suggest you post a brand-new question that describes this scenario?  "Preventing cranes from crashing".  It's not specifically a LabVIEW question, but there may be people here who have solved this sort of problem - and who will ignore this thread because it's subject talks about TCP/IP.  I think the emphasis should be on the control-algorithm here, not so much the physical route that data takes.

By the way, you should learn about "Shared Variables" - it sounds like this application is ideally suited for them.  While I haven't used a "Shared Variable" (yet), I believe they would allow you to share data between slaves & master without having to write any TCP/IP code!Smiley Happy

Cheers!

"Inside every large program is a small program struggling to get out." (attributed to Tony Hoare)
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(364 Views)