From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCE XML Error 1103

Tag Configuration Editor generate a XML file but the Load Tags vi from the CVT pallette throws a 1103 error when parsing the XML file. The TCE generated a XML file that I inspected with Word Pad and it looks syntactically correct. I created CVT local tags on the controller and network tags on the HMI that I bound to the CVT tags on the controller. This is the first time for me with TCE, CVT, & CCC so I am assuming that I am doing all this correctly.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,891 Views)

You could try using example code to verify the process with an XML file that's known to work. If you get the same error, then it may be an issue with your code.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,854 Views)

I'm having a the same problem using the attched file.  I started with a test harness, but received error 1103.  I found that it happens with no custom code directly in CVT Load Tags VI.  The XML is structurally correct (verified in both TCE and by viewing raw XML in Firefox).

Steps to reproduce:

1) Locate the VI Load Tags in the CVT libary

2) At the front panel, run the VI

3) when prompted (by file path control), navigate to the attached configuration.xml and select OK

4) verify code and message in error output

Platform spec:

Windows 7

LabVIEW 2014 (32-bit)

CVT v3.3.0.13

TCE v2.1.1

Update: I forgot to note that the actual error text from Load Tags simply points to Unflatten From XML in Current Value Table lvlib.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,722 Views)

I found a reference to the error you're seeing with TCE on the dedicated TCE thread. I have linked it below. It sounds like it may be a compatibility issue between CVT and TCE.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,702 Views)