LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System error 206 Run-Time Error

Hello- I developed a test bed for an application I'm trying to make, which is launched by running a batch file, calling an executable. I was able to get it to successfully run ~100x until I got the system error 206. (This same thing happened twice, actually). Any reason why the run-time engine might not work every time? I've attached all relevant VI's and batch files. Thanks! Nick

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,799 Views)

What are you really trying to do here?  You created a VI which you build into an exe.  That exe calls a batch file which then runs the same exe.  ????

That sounds like an endless cycle.  Probably loading and unloading the runtime system each time.  It wouldn't surprise me if you either ran out of resources, or hit a race condition where the runtime system is not available because it is still hung up on the previous run.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,757 Views)

RavensFan-

You've got it right. Really, I'm trying to develop a VI executable that's robust to run indefinitely.

What I've shared is a testbed for an application which will be similar in structure to the overall goal I'm trying to ultimately achieve. I'm just testing the principal of a VI executable being able to call itself to start from scratch after running through. 

Why? Because my experience says that eventually, even a well written VI will need to be restarted. I'm trying to have my sequence run (~10 minute sequence) then close LV run-time, then re-open it to re-initialize. This way the restarts are "scheduled" rather than coming sporatically, with the later expected cause a level of down-time that I'd rather not deal with.

I'm going to try to deal with this by changing the delay in the batch file. 1 second woudl be great, but really 10+ seconds wouldn't be a hassle. It may just solve it.

That said, I'd rather get to the root cause and solve that, rather than finding a mechanism to minimize the chance of the error.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,743 Views)