LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Web Server Daemon startup error

Hello,

I recently installed the electrical power management package into my LabVIEW 2012 installation. Ever since, I have been getting an error upon startup of my system that says "System Web Server Daemon has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience." I have since uninstalled the electrical power measurement package and done a system restore to before it was installed and the error still comes up. I don't seem to be having trouble with LabVIEW as I have used it successfully since, but this error is connected with the NI software. Anyone have similar issues?

Some more information in the error window:

AppName: systemwebserver.exe     AppVer: 12.0.0.49152     ModName: systemwebserver.exe
ModVer: 12.0.0.49152     Offset: 00001715

Some system information:

Windows XP Professional Edition SP3, 2048MB RAM, LabVIEW 2012, Circuit Design Suite 11.0

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,857 Views)

You might try restarting the System Web Server. This knowledgebase article is not for the exact problem you're having, but describes a few ways in which you can restart the Web Server. 

This is an older KB, so keep in mind that when NI Service Locator is mentioned, it is referring to the System Web Server. This KB describes that change a bit more.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(5,827 Views)

Thanks for the reply, I went to the first link you specified, and ran that VI to enable system web server

I have already gone to the location specified in the second link and tried running SystemWebServer. It instantly terminates with the same error received upon system startup.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,818 Views)

You could try going to Services under Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services and seeing if the NI System Web Server is running or not. You could then change the properties of the Web Server or try stopping and starting the service.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,782 Views)

Thanks for the reply,

I just tried restarting the service from the service configuration tool you specified and it just had the same error as before. I could set the service to manual startup so it will not try to start when I start my PC, but that dosen't solve the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,769 Views)

Do you mean that you already tried setting it to manual startup and it didn't work?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,748 Views)

I did that after you suggested playing around with those settings. I thought manual mode would stop the service from starting, but the error still happened. I disabled the service and the error no longer happens when I restart, but only because the program doesn't try to start. But like I said, this doesn't solve the problem.

I would really like to find a real sollution to this problem, not just a band-aid for it. I am sure that this service is designed to do something, and disabling it likely causes some disfunction in LabVIEW that I am unaware of at this time.

Thanks for the help thus far. At least I don't have to see the error message every time I restart!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,743 Views)

Have you tried repairing your installation of LabVIEW? That could potentially work as well.

When the System Web Server isn't running, you might have some trouble with Example Finder or some help options, but there is a good chance LabVIEW itself will run just fine.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(5,728 Views)

Thanks,I'll try reparing my installation and I'll post the results.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(5,724 Views)

Haven't tried repairing installation yet, but I thought I should mention that I am also getting a "memory could not be read" error upon shutdown. The process that is having the error is lktsrv.exe. I found out that it is an NI process, so could it be related?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(5,712 Views)