LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Time Stamp Indicator?

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm trying to use the "System" theme for my front panel, and my controls and simple numeric indicators converted over (from "Modern"). However, I noticed that there is no simple "Time Stamp Indicator" apparent on the System > Numeric (or elsewhere).

Is there one that I just can't find? Or will I have to hard-code it in so that it displays using the system theme?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,251 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Quevvy

The most trivial one would be to just use a double floating point control and set its format to absolute timestamp. Then convert the timestamp type to DBL with the according conversion function.

If you really want to go the route of a true system type control you will have to go into the control editor, which is a somewhat irky and tedious editor that shows its age from early LabVIEW days. There you would start with a classic timestamp control and replace the cosmetics with ones from a system string or similar control. It takes quite a bit of time to get to know the control editor and work around its murky behaviour sometimes.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 2 of 4
(3,238 Views)

I created an XP style control and shared it int the Community forums. Maybe it would suit your needs.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-10017

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

Message 3 of 4
(3,223 Views)

@rolfk wrote:

The most trivial one would be to just use a double floating point control and set its format to absolute timestamp. Then convert the timestamp type to DBL with the according conversion function.

Wow. That was super simple! I forget that numerics can be so many different formats!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,218 Views)