LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchrophasor

Solved!
Go to solution

In the Synchrophasor example provided by labview (for labVIEW 2013) I noticed that the data from the analog channels are sent to the resampling VI and then to the Phasor VI and finally converted to U32 and saved in the DMA FIFO for access via the RT VI. Then inthe RT vi again the U32 values are converted back to FXP and then again sent through resampling VI and Phasor VI. It looks to me like the phasors are being calculated twice and I cannot quite see why this is being done. 

Could someone please walk me through why the data are being passing through this VI twice (once in the FPGA itself and once in the RT target)? 

I am trying to reprogram the VI so that I can have a sbRIO calculate the phasors in a remote location and send the calculated timestamped datas straight to the higher control instead of to the RT target for more processing.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,920 Views)

Hello,

I see that the example project has a large number of subVIs and FPGA VIs.

Which VIs are you specifically looking into?

Regards,

Thomas C.
FlexRIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,856 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bhat_Maanay_Rice

Hello,

From what I understand, the FPGA program calculates the instantaneous phase, frequency, and magnitude. The RT VI calculates the overall phasor, frequency, and rate of change of the frequency of the signal.  The RT VI also adjusts for differences in timestamp data.

Regards,

Thomas C.
FlexRIO Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,827 Views)

Hi!

I need to know how to give a sine wave as a input to the Synchrophaor. I need to use 230 v 50hz pure sine wave. please help me with this issue. ASAP.

Thanks,

Surya S

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,417 Views)

Hi Surya,

Are you using the LabVIEW Synchropashor Measurement example for this?

Madison T
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,396 Views)

yes sir. I dont know how to 3 phase input voltage to that block

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,374 Views)

Hello Suryas,

Based on my understanding of the example you are using, there are required modules that accept GPS signals only via the 9467 module. Perhaps if you could give a bit more insight into your project goals we can make better recommendations for accomplishing your task. What information are you trying to gather from your 230V, 50Hz signal? How many of these signals are you trying to measure?

Regards,

John H.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,351 Views)

I need to give 3 phase signal to the pmu module. The voltage and current signals are to be given to the pmu module from the 3 phase signal to measure the magnitude and the phasor. The example given there is complex and i also need to know hoe to give the 3 phase voltage signal to that synchrophasor.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,344 Views)

Suryas,

Please see the wiring guide below for 3-phase voltage wiring. As for connecting the 3-phase voltage signal to the synchrophasor, what specific NI hardware are you currently using?

Wiring (Electrical Power Suite): http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/373375F-01/lveptconcepts/ep_wiring/

Josh 

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,323 Views)

I am using NI6009 daq usb. I need to collect the signals through the NiDAQ 6009 by using labVIEW DAQ Assitant block i need to connect those signals to the Synchrophasor.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,310 Views)