LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronize two GigE cameras

Hi, I want to record from two GigE cameras (Basler piA640-210gm) simultaneously. The first camera should be started via an external trigger (puls)and the first camera should then start the second one. Has anyone ever done something like this and could provide me with some sample code? Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,466 Views)
Hi Eule. The best approach for acquiring from 2 cameras simlutanously is to trigger them both at the same time. Any software solution would introduce a timing jitter between the active edges that start of the exposure. Especially if the images of the cameras are intended to analyse 1 scene of a moving object I would insist in a hardware trigger for both.
A "software trigger" might work like this:
(1) Create a polling loop that checks if camera 1 says "Acquisition in Progress". (Not very clever because the polling loop will introduce a good amount of traffic on the bus to the camera.)
(2) Once camera 1 says "Acquisition in Progress" -> start camera 2.
I would not like the softwre solution and still prefer the trigger cabling to both cameras and use hardware triggering for both.
Hope this helps, Guenter

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,454 Views)
BTW: Do you know NI's Vision Forum? It is a good place for vision threads - also if you prefer using LabVIEW.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,452 Views)
Okay, I will try to set a hardware trigger for both cameras. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,425 Views)