LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronize reset of multiple waveform charts

Solved!
Go to solution

My main VI has multiple sweeping waveform chart, base off the Continuous Measurement and Logging template. I want to be able to change x axis range (toggling between 10 seconds of data and 3 seconds of data)

I did it by changing the X scale range min to zero and max to the appropiate sample size, and clear the history. While this works for each chart they always ended up off sync instead. 

At first I thought that's because I put it in a ub VI. But moving everything to te main vi does not change the behavior.

Any ideas? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,322 Views)

jbphili,

Can you attach your project so we can have a better idea of what you have tried so far?

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Message 2 of 7
(3,298 Views)

Capture.JPG

This is what's in the sub vi. Ignore the Measurement UI Controls 2, I was trying seomthing else.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,261 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jbphili

Well those all have to run sequentially in the UI thread so there is no way to do them "Simultaineuosly"  HOWEVER, if you bookend those property nodes with an Involk of the method Defer FP Updates (True then False) you'll see much more what you expect.

Tighter alignment of the "Clear Histoys" would also be done by splitting up your p-nodes so do all of them at first then change all the scales.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 4 of 7
(3,256 Views)

I don't understand what does

" bookend those property nodes with an Involk of the method Defer FP Updates (True then False) "

mean. Can you give me an example?

I'll split out the chearing history.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,238 Views)

I don't have LabVIEW on my tablet.  The involk node is on the application palette. Select class VI Server.VI.VI and method Front Panel. Defer Updates.  The Help file will explain what this method does.  Or another poster can back-stop me until I am in my office 😉 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,218 Views)

Using the Defer Updates did it. Took me a while to find the blocks tho.

Capture.JPG

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,196 Views)