cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronization of two PXIe 6537 in acquisition mode

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I need to use two PXIe 6537 in parallel for digital acquisition, their sample clocks being synchronized and running at 50 MHz. From the manual, I cannot figure out any way to correctly route the connections through the PXI back-plane:

- It seems that the only available path to export the SAMPLE CLOCK while in acquisition mode is through PFI 5, so no way to set the two board in a master/slave configuration via the back-plane.

- I cannot see neither any way to use the back-plane 10MHz REFERENCE for sync, since it seems impossible through the DAQmx driver to route this line as an input for the timebase or for triggering (it does not even appear in the list of possible signal inputs).

- The manual states that the maximum allowed rate for an external timebase is 50 MHz, while I need 50 MHz acquisition rate. I assume I should put in sync sync the internal time-bases of the two boards through the back-plane, but I cannot figure how.

Any suggestion on how to solve this?

Thanks, Piero.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,559 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Piero Giubilato

Piero,

TO synchronize these cards, you will need to share the sample clock and a start trigger.  You should be able to route the sample clock to PXI Trig 7 line and use that for both of them.   

-Christina

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,520 Views)