From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching between different run-time menu programatically

Hi All

I am planning to build a Bilingual program…….am just doing trial and errors in changing all captions and run-time menu s programmatically with a single button click……….Here my logic is working fine for all captions and graphs also…………..but I could not change the run-time menu……….i am unable to switch between different run-time menus……………

Here I am sending the program am working on………..please have a look on this, and suggest me something………….hope my problem get resolved.

Thanks

Anil Punnam

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,912 Views)
hi reddy,
Pls put Ur  missing Global.vi with the attachment. Lets see...

Regards,
Partha.
- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
Message 2 of 8
(2,903 Views)
Hi

sorry guys,

Here is the latest Attachment.............

Thanks
Anil
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,900 Views)

Hi Anil,

After I downloaded and unzipped your file, I was able to run it without a problem.  It begins running with the "file" menu, and when I press the "Change 2" button, the menu changes to "affiche".  Is this the behavior you are talking about or have I misunderstood the question?

Thanks!
Megan B.
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,882 Views)

Hi Megan

I also got the same behaviour, but when we press "change 1" button again.....it will not change the menu. i am able to change the menu only once.

My requirement is top change the language of all captions and run-time menu with a click of single button. i did it for captions of all controls.......now the problem is with RunTime Menu only.i am unable to switch to another menu once i change it...........

Thanks

Anil

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,874 Views)
Hi Anil,

I'm guessing you're using 7.1?  When I first ran your program in 8.0, it worked perfectly and switched back and forth perfectly.  However, I tried it in 7.1 and saw some bad behavior.  The customer run time menu was not updated in the menu bar.  It looks to me like the run time menu is changing, but the front panel is not updating.  After pressing one of your front panel buttons to change the run-time menu back and forth, if you click on the file menu it should update, although this can lead to some funny looking menus since "affiche" is longer than "file" and you can still see the remnants of the old menu.  Try this and let me know if this is indeed the behavior you are seeing (check out the attached pic).  I thinkt hat R&D already had a report on this, and that is why it is fixed in 8.0.

Megan B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,850 Views)
Hi megan

Thanks for your reply....i too found the same behaviour in run-time menu. it is showing part of old menu.

I am using LabVIEW 7.1. This problem is not coming in 8.0 version. But in 7.1 also i could solve it in someway. but problem is if the window is small it flickers once during this change of RTM. If the window is maximized, this flickering is not visible. here i am attsching the logic i used to solve this problem.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,840 Views)

I used property nodes to hide the menu and show it. so that it gets refreshed and takes the latest menu.

Thanks

Anil

General Elecric India

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,837 Views)