From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch focus between numeric controls in different clusters

Hello

I am a newby in labview and i have a question.

I have a user interface with a number a clusters with in each cluster a numeric control and some other controls.

When i enter a barcode in the numeric control of the first cluster and press enter i want to give the numeric control in the second cluster the focus.

What is teh best way to do this in Labvies

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,958 Views)

@Tonnie wrote:

Hello

I am a newby in labview and i have a question.

I have a user interface with a number a clusters with in each cluster a numeric control and some other controls.

When i enter a barcode in the numeric control of the first cluster and press enter i want to give the numeric control in the second cluster the focus.

What is teh best way to do this in Labvies

thanks in advance

You need to use an Event Structure.

Look at the included LabVIEW examples.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,948 Views)

Hi Tonnie,

You can do this by creating a reference to the control in the second cluster that you want to get Key Focus.

(Right click the control and select Create >> Reference)

When you detect the Value Change in the Numeric control in the first cluster, use the reference you created and a property node to set the Key Focus.

See the attached example.

steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,941 Views)