cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapping the role of two SMUs

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I am controlling an Agilent 4155B using its Labview drivers. Currently, SMU1 is set to sweep voltage (VAR1), whereas SMU 2 is set to step voltage (VAR2). What I would like  to also be able to do is voltage sweep with SMU2 and the step with SMU1. Pressing the buttons on the SPA's screen is time-consuming, as I characterise lots of devices.

In the config sweep primary and secondary sub-vi files, I changed the :PAGE:MEAS:VAR1: and :PAGE:MEAS:VAR2: string constants into controls and put them into my main vi. Then, I thought that just by changing VAR1 to VAR2 and VAR2 to VAR1 I would be able to change what each SMU does, but it didnt do anything. There was no effect at all.

Now I think that maybe VAR1 is only for sweeps, whereas VAR2 is only for voltage steps. In the 4155B programming guide, I see no  hints on how I could change SMU2 to VAR1 though.

Thank you very much for help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,451 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author PiotrW

You should have a VI that does the current test for you.  You should have the VISA References passed in.  Then you could just have another VI that calls this and just swaps the VISA Reference lines.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,432 Views)

Hi,

thanks very much for replying. I've just done this and managed to swap the two SMUs, i.e. I wrote a new sub-vi that wrties directly into the visa resource.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,427 Views)