LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surrounding LED indicators blink wrong color

I have three similar LED indicators that show logic values when in the on state and no value in the off state. Each of these LED's have the background color of the main VI and arranged in a linear adjacent fashion. The color that the off state of all three LED's is the same with the on colors bein red, yellow, and green. I also have the blink property turned on for each LED. Now here is the problem, when the yellow/center LED is turned on with the others turned off, all three blink yellow....ARRG!!!!

Help
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,161 Views)
Are your LEDs part of an array? Post your code and tell us which version of LV you are using.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,156 Views)
None of the LED's are contained in an array. I am using LabVIEW 7.1.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,153 Views)
The LED problem was easily recreated in the attached VI... Have fun!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,152 Views)
My expectations of the example are simple. When the LED is on, it should blink between the off state and the on state colors. When the LED is off, it should not blink at all.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,148 Views)
Your assumption that the LEDs blink only when on is incorrect. The LED on/off color and state is independent of the blinking property. If you want the LED to blink only when it is on, you can use an event structure to capture the boolean value change. Create an event case for each LED boolean. Wire the boolean to the property node for that LED. If the LED is off, the blinking will be off. If the LED is on, the blinking will be on.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,136 Views)
Well don't tell it to blink all the time then! 🙂

Richard
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,137 Views)
Did you realy look at the results of your solution?

When the case of the LED is flashing in any of the ON states, eventhough my assumption is incorrect, the off state on the flash for the Red, Green, and Yellow LED's is Yellow. This is wrong! It should be the background grey.

Your suggested fix is far from the correct solution.

This problem still stands unanswered.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,122 Views)
The blink property holds a universal color for blinking (and a universal speed). The default color is yellow. In your case you should change it to gray. Go to tools>>options>>colors. You need to uncheck the checkbox about using default colors and change the blinking color to gray. Note that if you deploy this as an application you will need to set this in the app as well. I think this can be done through an INI file setting. Try searching the site for INI and color or blinking. Also, if you want each of them to blink to a different color, you'll have to create a reference array to say which LED is blinking and programmaticaly set them to T,F,T,F.

Bravo! Well done and thank you all!
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,114 Views)