LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppress VI search dialog

Is there any way to suppress the VI search dialog (example shown below) through some setting in application's ini file?

Search.JPG

Thanks,

Saranya

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(4,160 Views)
I am not exactly getting the meaning of "suppress" here.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(4,159 Views)

I meant to hide the dialog

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(4,155 Views)
You can prevent the dialog's appearing by making sure LabVIEW knows where all the dependencies are for the VI you're opening. Suppressing the search action will give you an open VI that you can't run; suppressing the appearance of the dialog will not result in your VI opening any faster.
Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 4 of 16
(4,148 Views)

If I am not mistaken, this shows up when loading large VIs with many dependancies although it is not actually 'searching' for any.

I seem to remember reading somewhere, that there is a way to do this... but it may be for an executable.  I don't remember, and cannot lay my hands on it.

Paul
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(4,144 Views)

PJS wrote:

If I am not mistaken, this shows up when loading large VIs with many dependancies although it is not actually 'searching' for any.

I seem to remember reading somewhere, that there is a way to do this... but it may be for an executable.  I don't remember, and cannot lay my hands on it.

Two ideas come to mind. I'll let y'all nock them down.

Mass-compile so LV rembers where they are.

Use a loader to load the app by opening all of the VIs from the bottom up so that the serach never hapens because the sub-VIs are loaded before their callers.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 6 of 16
(4,128 Views)

I am calling some VIs dynamically from my application. At that time, this search dialog shows up if the loading takes time. I know that this will not give any performance improvement. But just to avoid the annoyance, I don't want this dialog to show up.

Thanks,

Saranya

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(4,127 Views)

Saranbalu wrote:

I am calling some VIs dynamically from my application. At that time, this search dialog shows up if the loading takes time. I know that this will not give any performance improvement. But just to avoid the annoyance, I don't want this dialog to show up.

Thanks,

Saranya

Open the sub-VIs from the bottom up, then open the dynamic VI you are after.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 8 of 16
(4,114 Views)

If working with VI Server in order to load subvis dynamically, you can use the option 0x20 at the "Open VI Reference" in order to suppress the load dialog. This does not suppress the dialog for browsing to missing components if the subvi is not executable due to missing subcomponents....

hope this helps,

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 9 of 16
(4,113 Views)

If I got you correctly, you will need a kind of 'splash screen' (try to search for that keyword, also on LAVA).

I myself took the code from the OpenG builder to make my own splash screen that loads the top-level vi dynamically via vi server.

Felix 

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(4,102 Views)