cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Quick Drop Fails Me

Solved!
Go to solution

Ah, that sounds a neat way.

Our university's regular hardware provider is totally messy and unprofessional. Now that he has provided the system like this, and the cabinet spent more than 6 months lying there till we waited for the HDMI converters from the same hardware shop, our system is out of the period when we could simply change it.

But for the next purchase, I will see your configuration.

In our system on each graphics card, there is a VGA, DVI and an HDMI port. So we need all three different kinds of cables. It's clear that this kind of configuration is not for multiple monitors but for adjusting to any/different types of monitors/cables. I questioned at the time of purchase/delivery, but apparently they didn't have an answer. There are two touch monitors and at the moment, they both show the same video (not even possible to have extended view). Probably because they are two input devices from the same channel/interface (a conflict).

Just one more thing. Your side monitors at first looked like 3 monitors stacked in vertical on both sides, but from your description, it's just one monitor on each side. So, you are apparently using a wide monitor, and putting it in vertical position and you have three windows also adjusted to this new positioning (like on touch devices - tablets, mobiles). How come that horizontal to vertical rotation? Some settings for that?

Vaibhav
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(802 Views)

@Vaibhav wrote:

How come that horizontal to vertical rotation? Some settings for that?

I have them vertical (1) so they'll fit in the corner of my desk, and (2) to minimize the horizontal distance that requires my field of vision. As for the settings, it was extremely easy to set up in Windows 7...you can specify the position and rotation of all your monitors in a very simple user interface. I have not tried to set this up in any other OS...I've heard it's more difficult to accomplish in Windows 8.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(788 Views)

Yes, on Windows 8 also it has the Display properties option to select "Portrait" as well as "Landscape" and their flipped alternatives.

Never clicked on that dropdown. It was there but never "seen". 🙂

Vaibhav
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(779 Views)

Hi,

I can't get the Quickdrop dialog with ctrl-space while using LabVIEW 2015 with Teamviewer. It works with the View>>Quickdrop menu, and other ctrl-E etc. things work. My client is on Mac OS. Any ideas are of course appreciated.

cc

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(698 Views)

I don't know of any other workarounds for the Quick Drop and TeamViewer incompatibility other than what Hooovahh lists in his reply above.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(691 Views)

I know this is an old thread but the solution still worked in my situation too.  I have an ultra-wide monitor and wanted software to sub-divide the screen to help with windows management.  I evaluated many programs but long-story-short, I use Actual Windows Manager, specifically the Desktop Divider.

Actual Windows Manager also adds buttons to the taskbar, so I think this is the main culprit for Super Quick-Drop not working.  Turns out in Actual Windows Manager you can add specific "Exclusions".  I added ...\LabVIEW2020\LabVIEW.exe as an exclusion rule and now Super Quick-Drop works.  Unfortunately, I think I'll have to add an exclusion rule for each version of LabVIEW.

Quentin "Q" Alldredge

Chief LabVIEW Architect, Testeract | Owner, Q Software Innovations, LLC (QSI)
Director, GCentral | Admin, LabVIEW Wiki | Creator, The QControl Toolkit
Certified LabVIEW Architect | LabVIEW Champion | NI Alliance Partner

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(473 Views)

Update:

I was able to create an exclusion rule in Actual Window Manager for the Windows class instead of the Program.  Front Panel and Block Diagram windows have a window class of "LVDChild". By making this the rule, it works with LabVIEW 2020 and 2019 without separate rules for each.  I haven't tested with other versions yet.

Quentin "Q" Alldredge

Chief LabVIEW Architect, Testeract | Owner, Q Software Innovations, LLC (QSI)
Director, GCentral | Admin, LabVIEW Wiki | Creator, The QControl Toolkit
Certified LabVIEW Architect | LabVIEW Champion | NI Alliance Partner

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(470 Views)