LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions about my program?

Hi again Altenbach,

I found a chance to try your modification suggestions on the system last Saturday, but there is a problem in the program that I could not understand. When I run the program it did not show up an error and run arrow on the front panel seemed in running mode but there is nothing change on charts and graphs in the program. When I opened the block diagram window to check wires with probes, all of items in the block diagram showed "Not Executed" while the program seemed it is running. I run the VI that you modified and sent to me in previous post. I checked all setup function and anything in it. They are set correctly. What could the problem be in this VI?

Egemen
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(364 Views)

When running the program, the first thing you should get is a file dialog. Do you get that? Maybe it is on a different monitor?

Since you have the connector pane hooked up, are you calling this as a subVI?

I cannot test, because I don't have any DAQmx or your hardware.

What happens if you press the run button on the diagram after first enabling execution highlighting?

(There are still numerours improvments possible. For example the code in your two string generator subVIs could be replaced by a single string diagram constant. Set it to \codes so you can enter the tabs.)

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(337 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

When running the program, the first thing you should get is a file dialog. Do you get that? Maybe it is on a different monitor?

Since you have the connector pane hooked up, are you calling this as a subVI?

I cannot test, because I don't have any DAQmx or your hardware.

What happens if you press the run button on the diagram after first enabling execution highlighting?

(There are still numerours improvments possible. For example the code in your two string generator subVIs could be replaced by a single string diagram constant. Set it to \codes so you can enter the tabs.)

Yes, I got the file dialog firstly and typed the path of the file. There is no problem with it.

No, this is the main VI. It is not a subVI.

I have not run it with execution highligthing mode. I am out of the lab now, if I have time tomorrow, I will check it and write here what would happened.

(Yes, I could imagine because I am still a newbie in Labview and this was my first program. What did you mean with \codes? Do you mean entering text mode and typing the appropriate text commands to create string labels?)

Egemen
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(326 Views)