LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subvi donot reinitialize indicators

Dear all,

I would like to use a subvi to generate an array for exemple and each time that i am calling it, the indicators in the subvi should not be initialized that means the subvi keep in memory that i have called it before and did not change the previous result in order to use shift register. Is there a way to do it ?

Thanks

regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,212 Views)

Yes.  You can use shift registers to retain the information.  You can also append data to an existing array.  The contents will hold as long as it's in memory.  Post what you have so far.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,210 Views)

Specifically use un-initialized shift registers or globally initialized feedback nodes.

And Ben's famous Action Engine Nugget is always a good read. http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Community-Nugget-4-08-2007-Action-Engines/m-p/503801

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,200 Views)

Indicators depend on the result of calculations, so they will ultimately only be the same if the values of controls are the same. Are they?

If the indicators are not immediately updated by the code, they will not be cleared between calls unless "clear indicators when called" is checked in the options of the VI. Check this setting first (VI properties...execution)

If this still confuses you, please show us your code. Sometimes the overuse of local variables can blur the distinction between controls and indicators.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,192 Views)