LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subpanel vi controls not working

Solved!
Go to solution

I’m having trouble getting a VI in a subpanel to work as none of the controls will respond!

What I’m trying to achieve is to have button on my main FP (Subpanel Main.vi) that, when clicked, opens a subpanel below it with a VI that contains boxes to input settings(Subpanel Menu.vi). The current settings from the main VI are passed to this VI to display and when the user clicks an ‘ok’ type button (currently on the subpanel VI but I’ll get on to that later) outputs the new settings, the VI closes and the subpanel is hidden.

I can get my subpanel VI to appear as expected with the values that were passed to it displayed but none of the controls or input boxes will respond to being clicked on (even if I do it really hard and bang my mouse on the table!)

Am I trying to do something impossible? Or is there an easier way to implement what I’m trying to do? Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Pete.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,994 Views)

You need to use Run Vi before Calling Insert VI Function to call the VI as sub panel.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,975 Views)

Surely if I use Run VI then I cannot pass the initial values to the subpanel VI? From what I have read to do this I need to use Start on Asynchronous Call and Wait on Asynchronous Call like I have?

Pete.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,962 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Techtest

Typical problem when you miss out event structure unchecking the Lock Panel.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/D979D150E9FC253C86256BC7006F3E22

Thanks
uday
Message 4 of 5
(3,949 Views)

Spot on!

Thanks very much,

Pete.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,928 Views)