From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sublibraries and data logging

I have a project with a top-library and sub-libraries. If I want to log data of each sub-library in separate database what should I do about top-library? I mean if I just configure sub-libraries to log data and don't configure this item for top-library, does it work?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,107 Views)
Hi Maryam,

While I am not completely sure what you are asking, I have taken a stab in the dark that you are creating libraries to conatain shared variables that are logging data to the Citadel database in MAX. I am further assuming you have a parent lvlib file containg at least one shared variable, and also at least one child lvlib containg at least one shared variable, that logs data to the database.

When you deploy the libraries, the logging information is stored in the variables themselves, and so it doesn't matter about the hierarchical structure of you lvlib files, only those variables that have logging enabled will log, those that don't wont.

I attach a simple example program to show this the parent variable does not log, all others do.

Regards
JamesC
NIUK and Ireland

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,092 Views)