From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stucture and Array

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I have a case structure that when it gets to case 4 I have all the relevant information in my array (please see attached) I have reshaped it now at this point I want to leave the case structure and look through array I am unsure of how to do this can somebody please advise me

Best Regards

David

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,456 Views)

@DPJones wrote:

can somebody please advise me

Here is some advice:

• When asking for help on your VI, attach your VI, not a "picture" of part of the Block Diagram.
  • Explain clearly what you are trying to accomplish, and the relevant logic.  For example, if you want to do something with four elements, resulting in an array of 4, the "logical" structure to use would seem to be a For loop with a counter of 4, using the default indexing output tunnel to build your array.  But there may be other considerations of the problem that would suggest a different structure.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,433 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DPJones

DPJones wrote:

I want to leave the case structure and look through array I am unsure of how to do this can somebody please advise me

Your code will leave the case structure immediately after all code in it has completed (which is probably nearly instantaneous). However, since you seem to have some kind of weird lookalike of a state machine, you are going to back to case 4 forever. If you want to go to another state, wire a different number to the state.

As Bob already said, we cannot do much with a picture. What does the blue array data represent? Where does it come from? Why is it converted to I32, and why is it not I32 to begin with? Why is the indicator orange? Why is the state variable orange? Are you using "use default if unwired" for output tunnels for a good reason or just to have the VI not broken? Maybe you want to wire the blue array at the bottom across so the data does not disappear once case 4  is called again nanoseconds later. What determines the loop timing? What is in the other cases? What does the program do? Why do you think you need to exit the case structure to look through the array? What do you mean by "exit"?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,408 Views)

Hi Altenbach

Sorry for the lack of information But the problem I was having was the array data was not available when I wanted to stay in the loop on case 4 but I did as you suggested 

Altenbach

Maybe you want to wire the blue array at the bottom across so the data does not disappear once case 4  is called again

This solved my problem thanks for your help

David

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,336 Views)