cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structuring Data Read from Binary File

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Folks,

I'm very new to matlab, and am trying to get a program together that will read my library of electric fish recordings.  It is a simple binary format that self-contains information necessary for reading it.  After a couple days in front of the software, I have been able to write a single pass that dissects the first record from my file.  However, I'd like to structure the data, so that I can easily browse through each of the appended records in a particular file.  I've attatched the .vi file that I've come up with so far... I'm sure that I need to write a loop and append the data to an array or cluster, though the procedure for this eludes me.  Is there a more efficent way to code this?  Many thanks for any help you may be able to provide!

Best,
JG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,252 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jasongallant

Well, I made my cardinal mistake on the forums, and called Labview Matlab in my earlier post.  Apologies.  I've made some headway on this, with a loop that adds data to a structure...

Now, I would like to come up with a way of doing this more efficiently... Any ideas?  Many thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,222 Views)

Consider Scan from File. Also, close the file after the loop.

If you want more detailed help, please post the complete file format.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,197 Views)