LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

String CTRL

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, I want to change the parameter in the String CTRL during the execution of a while cicle as shown in the file attached. 

The problem is that everytime I start the VI and for example I write "Hello" pressing enter it is deleted and not shown in the indicator.

Is there  a way to solve this problem?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,323 Views)

Dunno if it is correct but i found a possible solution. right click on the String CTRL in the front panel -->advanced-->run time shortcut meny-->disable

it seems that now it works.... 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,319 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author inuyasha84

In your VI the Enter Button of your numeric keypad will "enter" the data, not the "Enter/Carriage Return" button next to your text.

In attachment you see a keyboard.
- You're probably pressing the Red one.
  This one will jump to your next line (Carriage Teturn)

- Try pressing the Blue one.
  This should really enter the data.

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
Message 3 of 6
(2,318 Views)

yep i was editing the second message because i realize it bymyself but thank you 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,308 Views)

You can right click on the control and make sure "Limit to Single Line" is active.  Then both "enter" and "return" will enter the text.  This may not be a workable solution for you if you are entering multiple lines of data.  Just a thought....

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,272 Views)

Just saw my spelling mistake:

Of course I meant Carriage Return instead of Carriage Teturn... 🙂

Kind Regards,
Thierry C - CLA, CTA - Senior R&D Engineer (Former Support Engineer) - National Instruments
If someone helped you, let them know. Mark as solved and/or give a kudo. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,258 Views)