cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange scroll behaviour on front panel

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a vi which produces some strange things: I have enabled all scrollbars on the VI properties, however I do not have them even in edit mode until I click "Tile Left-Right of Up-Down" and then resize back to full screen.

What can be the cause of this behaviour?

Thanks

(I attach the problematic vi)

(2,278 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jeanlucpicard

I have no issue with scroll bars in LV 2013. Everything works right away.

But i have an issue with the block diagram: It is far to big and contains code which is not stoppable (while loop with False constant!)

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,261 Views)

Hi,

I'm not sure what's your problem because I see Front Panels scrollbals in edit mode (I'm not able to run app).

What settings do you have in: File -> VI properties -> Category: Window Appearance > Customize... -> Show vertical scroll bar* + Show horizontal scroll bar*?

Simyfren

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,259 Views)

Then it is really strange. 

I had all the scrollbars enabled, but my main problem was with edit mode. (Then I restarted my machine a few times and it somehow reappeared)

The block diagram is subject to simplifying and getting components to subVIs. (The false constants are there for debugging purposes)

(2,252 Views)

Maybe is problem with size of the window. Are you able to share a printscreen of window without scrollbars?

Simyfren

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,247 Views)

It was a full-size window (with Window->Full Size) and had no scrollbars until Tile L/R or U/D and then full sized again.

However, I did a few restarts of my computer and somehow it went back to normal. So I do not know the cause but it is solved.

(2,243 Views)

HM,

it's strange. Maybe frozen LabVIEW, maybe frozen Windows but it is good that it works now.

Simyfren

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,239 Views)