From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange behaviour of AI in DAQ?

I am using create analog input channel and reading with N channel 1 sample for pressure values at almost 6 channels.

I am using the create channel again N channel 1 sample but reading one  level transmitter value , only one channel at ai 7  but it is giving strange values, 1.30V which is not correct.

then I seperated out and make the same VI, with one chanel channel one sample read of level transmitter in a new VI, then the value is fine and matching with the reading.So channel is working fine. voltage value is 2.20V which is correct

I am unable to understand the reason for the strange behaviour.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,308 Views)

When you set up your channel did you also set up the range for the channel? This could cause this problem.

Tim
GHSP
Message 2 of 5
(2,292 Views)

To check my understanding, in the original VI you are reading one sample from ~7 channels at once. The last channel measures transmitter level.  The value you get back for ch7 is not what you expected. Then, when you change the code to just read one sample from only ch7, you get the correct data. Everything is the same in the code except for the channels specified in configure task VI and the DAQmx Read VI?

If everything is the same between these two variations of code, I cannot think of a reason why you'd see this behavior if all the settings are exactly the same. Do you have the same hardware setup when you run the second attempt? What DAQ card are you using? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,272 Views)

I put the range but no change.

The hardware is totally same..channel is same.

Still strange values continues...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,258 Views)

Hey Crazy,

2 suggetions:

1) min and max are applied post scale- is there a scale?

2) could this be "ghosting?" Check my tag cloud on "Ghosting_explained"

What is the hardware?

Post an exaample that deomonstrates the behaviour.

additional info: What DAQmx revision?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 5 of 5
(2,254 Views)