LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange IDN? returned string

I don't know how they designed the firmware but different interface (USB vs ethernet) can behave differently.  I've seen firmware designs that give you entirely different menu structure and access levels depending how you talk to it.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(662 Views)

@tian66 wrote:

I can control the load through USB. Do you think the cal mode will lock ethernet communication, but not USB?

Thanks!

I can't say one way or another without the users manual.  (Silly Chroma) but its easilly possible-  If the instrument suddenly changed behavior after a Cal lab tech got to it I would very much suspect the cal lab tech did something.  Again, can't tell without a manual....

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(653 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

@tian66 wrote:

I can control the load through USB. Do you think the cal mode will lock ethernet communication, but not USB?

Thanks!

I can't say one way or another without the users manual.  (Silly Chroma) but its easilly possible-  If the instrument suddenly changed behavior after a Cal lab tech got to it I would very much suspect the cal lab tech did something.  Again, can't tell without a manual....

I've even seen instances where a manufacturer will "do you a favor" by updating the firmware without telling you when you send it out for a cal.  Then you wonder why your app isn't working any more.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 13 of 17
(647 Views)

I see. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(619 Views)

bad post

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(606 Views)

Chroma support cannot figure out this problem. What they can do is asking me ship back the ethernet card and check that.

So I think I have to move on by using USB instead of spending time todebug with them.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(598 Views)

We also have all kinds of hell getting these loads to talk correctly.

They are extermely picky.

If you figure this problem out, please post.  We find that we can alternately get one or two loads in the bay to talk, and then it latches us out and we can't get it to respond any further.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(557 Views)