cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Straing gauges - calibration during measurements

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

In the beginning i'm sorry for my english, i'm from Poland and i'm doing what i can 🙂

I have t prepare simple application measuring strain on cylindrical tube. Task in MAX was created and currently i have a problem during calibration. Shunt calibration performed.

The main idea of my program:

After clicking "run" arrow on the left top i'm gonna be forwarded to the tab named "Calibration"(default tab)(it also might be cluster instead tab, it doesn't matter). Then I load tested sample with, for ex. 1000N and the program calculate the coefficient between force (1000N) and actual value from NI-9237 (configured as analog input - force bridge in MAX). Then should i go to the next tab, described as "Measurement" when I perform simple measurement with strain vs.time graph.

I established that the dependance is linear, so i have to use y=ax+b formula. Assuming "b" equal 0 i have to find "a" - how can i calculate it and how can I keep it to use in the next tab, "measurement"? I have no idea...

I did not attach example of my program, because there is nothing difficult yet - DAQ assistant and waveform graph...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,839 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LVPoland

DAQmx does provide a means to create "Scales" as well as "Tasks" A linear Scale is easy to assign to a channel in a task.

I'm in the middle of a LabVIEW upgrade today so, kudos to anyone that posts the screenshots I cannot get right now.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,831 Views)

Thank you so much Jeff, screenshots unnecessary - it works done, as I want!

Greetings 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,698 Views)