From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strain Conversion

Hello all,

My test bench is almost complete. All components are working, last step is converting voltage to strain. My vi is attached. I have all of my sensors working through a single DAQ Assistant, is there a way to input only the strain voltage into the strain converter? If so how and if not then what is the easiest way to input the converted strain values into my chart? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,492 Views)

I'm not familiar with dynamic data or DAQ assistant, as I usually go for the lower level functions that I need. But, I assume you can convert the dynamic data to an array of waveforms and pick off the waveform you need. To do this you will need:

• Convert from Dynamic Data - configured to give you a 1D array of waveform
  • Index Array - take the index of the strain gauge data (looks like 4 from your express VI).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,486 Views)

If you want to work each signal separately, place a Split Signals object. Then take strain voltage signal into the strain converter.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,435 Views)

I apologize for responding so late, ran into some computer issues...

Anyway attached is my newest VI. Using split signals I can take readings from the input of the strain converter, but there are no readings coming out of the converter. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,404 Views)