LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strain, Accelerometer, &/or photosensors

I am doing a project for school and I can't find a prefessor who is very knowledgable about LabVIEW. I am building a system that analyzes wheelspin of a motorcycle versus shock settings. In order to complete this test I need to make a vi that runs during a 1 minute run that analyzes strain from a full wheatstone bridge located on teh shock, the acceleration of the run using an analog crossbow accelerometer, a photoelectric sensor that measures the front wheel velocity, and a photoelectric sensor that measures the rear wheel velocity. Can someone help me develop this program?
Thanks,

-Brett
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,014 Views)
Hello Brett. Thank you for contacting National Instruments. I think your best bet would be to find examples on the components of your project you listed: strain, acceleration, and velocity. Open the Example Finder (Help Menu>>Find Examples) and search for words like strain, acceleration, accelerometer, and voltage. If you are taking the data in through a DAQ card you will need to read the data in as a voltage and then scale the data so it reads in as velocity. The scaling information should be in the manual for your photoelectric sensors. Please let me know if you have any questions. Have a great day!

Marni S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,989 Views)