LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storing value until reset.

I am trying to write a program which monitors the current in 4 electricity cable and then, when the sum of all four exceeds a limit, cuts one of the cables.

The problem I am having is that as the limit is exceeded and one cable is cut (by solid state relay) the total drops back below the limit causing the relay to switch back. This causes the relay to toggle on and off. I am looking for a way to store the last reading of the cable before it is cut. This value can then be used to ensure the relay doesn't switch back on until the other 3 current values have dropped enough to ensure it doesn't have to switch off straight away. It would also be good to have a way to then reset the stored value untill the limit is exceeded again?

Any help appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,330 Views)

Make use "Function Global" of Shift register (to store only the value you are interested)

And this could be done in multiple ways like triggering an event dynamically or what ever method.

Guru

Regards
Guru (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,325 Views)

Hi Pete,

Can you post what you have so far? I know what you need but could go about it a couple of ways depending on what you have done so far.

Rgs,

Lucither

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Everything should be made as simple as possible but no simpler"
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,288 Views)