From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storing LabVIEW data in Oracle database

I´m using LabVIEW 8.0 and Database Connectivity Toolkit to store data from a 2D array in an Oracle Database.

This is the structure I programmed to store data :

1) DB Tools Open Connectivity
2) Within a while loop, in each iteration I index each of the XY values that I convert to Decimal String together with the number of iteration and a constant. Thus, I store four values. I concatenate these four values to get the SQL statement "insert into my_table (ID_TEST, KONSTANT,FORCE, STRAIN) values(" that I connect to the DB Tools Execute Query.vi and this to DB Tools Free Object.vi.
3) When all the array has been read, the while loop ends and finally (outside the while loop) I close the database with the DB Tools Close Connection.vi

With the above procedure I can store the data in the Oracle table without any problem. However, to store 2 000 points (four values, columns) it takes some 3 minutes.

Does anyone knows of a faster way to store the data in the Oracle table? 

Thanks
Simbani 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,495 Views)

Take a look at the top link in this search

http://forums.ni.com/ni/search?q=%2B%22stored+procedure%22+%2Boracle&sort_by=-date

It is suggested that you use stored procedures to write the data into the database. It should be quicker because the database doesn't have to keep interpreting the whole SQL expression, just the data.

Hope this helps

David

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,478 Views)