LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stored Procedure

Solved!
Go to solution

I am having trouble using stored procedures and need some guidance.  

If I try to run the stored procedure code I get an error saying I am not providing a required input, but from the LabVIEW it looks like I am providing it.

ParamatizedCode.png

But I keep getting this error.

ParamatizedError.PNG

The database table looks as follows:

database setup.png

@ID is generated in the procedure, it is looked up and inserted.  

I do not have any ability to get into the database myself.  This is a stored procedure writtin by my IT department's DB engineer.  The above image has the required feilds highlighted in yellow that I needed to provide when my code runs.  

Can anyone see where my mistake has been made?

Thanks for the feedback.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,631 Views)
Solution
Accepted by BenBabb

The procedure isn't going to match up the parameter names with the values you provide.  You only provide 5 params but there are 8 in the stored procedure.  In your case, SerialNumber will be passed into ID, PartNumber into SerialNumber, etc.  Add some blank params in your cluster if they aren't required.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 2 of 5
(2,590 Views)

Actually what i said may not be entirely true.  It depends on the definition of the SP itself.  Your picture just shows a list of the parameters but not necessarily in the same order as defined by the SP.

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,581 Views)

Aputman,

Thank you very much.  That is exactly what I needed.  I guess I was confused because my IT Database manager said those values were not required, but LabVIEW must require them.  I put all of the paramaters in and just updated the ones I needed to.  This solved my issues.

Cheers,

Ben

fixedParamCode.png

Message 4 of 5
(2,535 Views)

FYI, this is the way that i like to create my parameters.  Hope it helps.

database.png

aputman
------------------
Message 5 of 5
(2,524 Views)