From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopping Multiple LV EXE's with one "Stop"

I have three separate EXE's that I have built from Labview 7.0 that run simultaneously, and communicate via datasockets.

The "Stop" buttons of all three programs are all connected to a datasocket and set to "Publish or Subscribe", the idea being that any of the apps "Stop" button could stop all three. Under the LV editor, all of the "Stop" buttons show green lights to indicate they are connected to the DSS, but pushing any one of them only stops the applications it's in, and not the others. When running the EXE's, the "Stop" buttons indicate red - that they are not connected to the dss.

I tried adding a shift register to the loop, hoping the "Stop" signal would be written to the dss before the loop stopped, but that didn't help.

Since one of the apps is always maximized, and the others are hidden under it, and the scroll bars, title bar, etc have been removed (at the final install, there will be no keyboard or mouse) to stop the apps I have to remote into the PC and do a Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up Task Manager to close them all. I'd like to be able to remote in and with my mouse click one stop button to stop and exit them all.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,179 Views)
put a few seconds delay after the stop button is pressed and before the application exits. It may also help to use different latching / switching mode for the button.

-Joe
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,161 Views)
Hello Mike,

You can try this method. open the datasocket server manager-> select your boolean variable you have created for the datasocket-> at the right side of the panel select check box- Allow Multiple Writers-> save the settings from the setting menu-> close the datasockect server if it is running-> start the datasocket server freshly-> run your application now and check the result.

I Think this will work.

-Suhas
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,156 Views)