Stop running a programme automatically

Solved!
Go to solution

---remains silent and will no longer cotribute to this discussion---

Message 21 of 25
(821 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author HEAPO8

Yes, I will accept this a solution! Thanks to the "experts" for help!!!!!Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(816 Views)

nervously watching the events unfold.....

Message 23 of 25
(805 Views)

OK, I'll chime in.

Actually I dislike threads like these, They tend to detract from the utility of the forums but, you may be saved.

What I mean by that is there have been a few threads where the Original Poster thought he/she knew "Better" than the contributors. and, asked for help here anyway.

HEAP08, you are obviously a student.  We generally like them.  Most of us know you will outlive us but not our grandchildren.  try not to screw-up the world.

Now, What's your problem in moving beyond those damned DDT wires?  Can you figure out the data type or not?

Spoiler
"It's ok to have fun" should not be equal to "it's OK to be ignorant"

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(730 Views)

I am sure we had a case of procrastination, Friday deadline, and utter despair here. Maybe he/she will come back on Monday all rested and ask a reasonable queston. 🙂

Instead of "student", I would have guessed "teenager". 😄

Here's the script:

Apok: have you looked at the many different functions on the "comparison" pallette wired to the stop?

Heapo: No, do you care to tell me more? (Well, look at the palette! Nothing more to tell!!)

CA: How do you know when the data has been acquired? How many iterations does it take?

Heapo: well, when i apply a force on the pressure sensors, the voltage will increase (from 0 to a maximum of 5V). My aim is to stop data acquisition as soon as the force sensors detect a change in voltage. That way the intensity graph can take a snap shot at the exact instance of contact of the pressure sensor.

CA: So measure the condition and wire the result to the stop terminal.

Heapo:when you say measure the condition do you mean measure the result and then write an if-true statement within my while loop? I am sorry, i am not too experienced with Labview. (This is a logic problem, not a LabVIEW problem!)

Heapo: firstly i have to disagree with you here! Why would i do an if-true statement, when my results are bound to change? (heapo is the only one who brought up an "if-true statement" earlier, thus actually disagreeing with his/her own statement. I don't even really know what an "if-true statement" is! Maybe something like this or this) They are not always going to be the same result! So for example if i set my true statement to "If ..is 5V, stop, else carry on" it would still continue acquisition if my pressure sensor gives out 2V! This would be useless because I want it to stop no matter what!

Heapo blows up soon after! 😮 (I am not going to quote any of that, because it is generic)

Well, if he/she would have actually looked at the comparison palette, he/she would have found "!=0", which would have been sufficient IF the resting state really shows true zero forever. In the real world there is noise, drifts and offsets, so setting a threshold (e.g. >0.5) would have probably been the right thing. A more advanced solution would involve a feedback node to measure the incremental rate of change to be used as a threshold.

I am on a computer with DAQ now, so I can look at the express VI. Heapo is reading 100 samples at a time at a rate of 4k, which are then written into a 16 element DBL array with an offset. It does not fit! This means that typically 90% or more of the data is discarded.  (Wasn't there talk about averaging elsewhere?) This entire thing is so screwed up that it needs to be redone from scratch after actually thinking about it a little more. Really!

Message 25 of 25
(712 Views)