LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop Notifier in event case fails to stop VI

Solved!
Go to solution

Adding a zero timeout on the wait notification did indeed stop my acquisition as expected, thanks for all the information on use of notifiers.  The only remaining problem is that even though the VI reaches the clean up code and error handler, with all loops shut down and no errors, the VI does not stop.

As this does not seem to be notifier related, I will mark this topic as solved.  Thanks Mark and Nathan for your help.

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(284 Views)

@djroseman wrote:

The only remaining problem is that even though the VI reaches the clean up code and error handler, with all loops shut down and no errors, the VI does not stop.

That's exactly right - you didn't provide a way to stop the loop containing the event structure (unless you've changed it since your initial post). The only thing that stops that loop is an error, but that error in terminal is read only once, when the VI containing the event structure first starts. When the stop button is pushed, you need to wire a stop condition to the while loop containing the event structure, too.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(281 Views)

The final piece fits into place....

I will add thanks to crossrulz too, as he did mention that right at the beginning of the thread..

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(278 Views)