LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still trying to Communicate with APC Smartups

Thanks, Manuel, for the kudos, but I should point out that the example code provided was developed by Phillip Brooks, not me. For my own use I re-architected it a little, so instead of using a notifier, I use a user event, and I made a few other tweaks, but it was Phil who first developed the LabVIEW dotNET property code to catch power status events.

Glad that the group knowledge keeps expanding... thanks for adding your info about the APC quickstart issues.

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
(lapsed) Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 33
(2,545 Views)

Here, I posted a modified version of Phil Brooks and David Boyd's .Net PowerModeChanged, that uses labview events and that thus can be included directly in an event structure.

Best regards,
Manuel

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 33
(2,500 Views)

Hi, I am using the APC UPS and I need to communicate with it through Labview 7.1.

My requirement is to find out whether the PC operates in AC power (Main Supply) or DC Supply (from UPS Battery).

The VIs provided in the post are in higher versions. Is it possible to convert to Labview 7.1 and post it?

Thanks

KB29

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 33
(2,111 Views)

You can post down convert requests here: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Downconvert-VI-Requests/td-p/1067229/highlight/true/page/107 🙂

Sam S
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 33
(2,098 Views)

I use Win 7 so no .NET issues but still cannot communicate with APC 1500. When using PowerChute I get all the info but power icon never shows on my task and LV never works. I did try to install/uninstall PowerChute and use MS driver but no luck. Did I missed something?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 33
(1,985 Views)

Quick check:

If you look at Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Notification Area Icons, do you have the system icon for "Power" turned on ("Show icon and notifications")?

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 33
(1,980 Views)

Icon is set ON but never show on taskbar.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 33
(1,977 Views)

Administrative Tools/Computer Management/Services and Applications/Services->Power.... is Status=Started?  Startup Type=Automatic?

Apart from that I'm not really sure where else to check at present.  Sorry.

Dave

David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 33
(1,973 Views)

It's all there.

I have never seen battery icon on my task bar. Might be something with APC's software. 

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 33
(1,966 Views)
OK, under Device Manager, what entry(ies) do you have under the "Batteries" class?
David Boyd
Sr. Test Engineer
Abbott Labs
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 33
(1,960 Views)