LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stepping into C++ dll from debugged Wrapper C# dll imported to Labview

Given the following control system consisting of parts: 

• Executable tool written in C#
  • Export library ComLibraryWrapper.dll in C++ to translate ComLibrary.dll for C# applications
  • Stepping motor driver ComLibrarary.dll in C++ for C++ applications
  • Control board
  • Stepping motor

The C# application works fine to control the motor by calling methods of ComLibrararyWrapper.dll

I have tried to move the motor by Labview application, but it doesn't work. I tried to debug the dll files with their source code in Visual Studio. While running C# application, it is possible to debug both dll files. Running Labview it is possible to debug ComLibraryWrapper.dll, but I cannot step into ComLibrarary.dll (VS: Debug->Attach to Process->Labview). E.g. that's the case at following breakpoints:

Wrapper dll.png

1. How can one to step from ComLibraryWrapper.dll into ComLibrarary.dll in Visual Studio while running Labview?
  2. I was wondering whether ComLibraryWrapper.dll can call ComLibrarary.dll while running Labview. But running the method of another class (Flashing firmware of Control board) works fine, both in C# application and Labview. Is there any reason that it is possible running one and the same method of ComLibraryWrapper.dll in C# application but not in Labview?

Used Software:

Windows 7
Labview 2014
Visual Studio 2010
.NET Framework 4

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,969 Views)

Hi,

did you try the steps posted in this thread? 

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Debugging-a-C-dll-from-LabVIEW-is-it-possible-to-debug-both-in/td-p/...

It sounds very helpful for your question.

Best Regards, Fabian

Message 2 of 3
(2,922 Views)

Yes, I already read it. Debugging the wrapper dll, that is called directly from my Labview VI, works fine.

The point is I cannot step further into the underlying dll when using Labview instead of a C# application as external process.

lv_motor.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,873 Views)