LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stepped Limit Lines

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey I'm looking to create limit lines for an insertion loss test. The spec limits to be used come from a string containing (.34;1;.82;10;1.15;18;1.44;26.5;1.85;40) basically meaning a .34 limit line @ 1, a .82 limit line @10, etc...essentially creating a segmented or stepped spec line. Any direction on how I might be able to do this would be much appreciated. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,538 Views)

How to do what?  You haven't told us how LabVIEW plays into this.

Are your questions about interfacing with the hardware?  How to display lines on a graph?  How to architect an entire application for you based on a few sentence specification?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(3,526 Views)

This link should be of use to you.  Happy drawing!  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 3 of 15
(3,515 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

How to do what?  You haven't told us how LabVIEW plays into this.

Are your questions about interfacing with the hardware?  How to display lines on a graph?  How to architect an entire application for you based on a few sentence specification?

I think he just wants to plot some S-Param data with some limit lines.  I'm assuming in and out of band specs.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Message 4 of 15
(3,510 Views)

I have a string coming in from a SQL database, that string contains specs in dB with corresponding frequencies. I was wondering if possible there was a way to take each value from that string in order to create an array that will later be used to create spec lines for my insertion loss test....in LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,503 Views)

I'm no expert with SQL, but it should be very easy to do that.  I'm guessing you're having trouble with the SQL part?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(3,485 Views)

No I'm not having trouble with SQL, I'm able to pull the string with the specs. My issue is I dont know how to take the values (.34;1;.82;10;1.15;18;1.44;26.5;1.85;40) contained in the string and break them into each individual spec value.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,409 Views)

Hi Zz,

use SpreadsheetStringToArray, then Decimate1DArray to get X and Y components…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 8 of 15
(3,403 Views)

GerdW,

Thats what I had thought to use originally(minus the decimate 1d array). I used the spreadsheet string to array function followe by the decimate 1D array. the string  (.34;1;.82;10;1.15;18;1.44;26.5;1.85;40) enters into the spreadsheet string to array function, and then outputs 0...as if nothing was even inputted. Attached is a screen shot of my setup as well as probes documenting the data flow.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,393 Views)
You have to specify the correct delimiter for the string to array function. The default is a tab, which you don't have in the string. Please turn on Context Help and leave it turned on.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,377 Views)