LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step input function

I am trying to create a step input on a graph. The input wave will start at -10ms and finish at 50ms. The height of the step input is 10V. Can anyone help?

Regards,

Kadeel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(7,670 Views)

What exactly do you need help with? Have you tried the Ramp Pattern on the Signal Processing>Signal Generation palette? Have you searched for Ramp/Step in this board?

If you are creating a pattern in software, the x axis of a graph is whatever you define it to be with  x min and  x max. You can set the offset and multiplier from thegraph's property page.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(7,663 Views)

Is there any example using the Ramp Pattern on the Signal Processing>Signal Generation palette  to create the step input?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(7,060 Views)
Did you try creating the code shown in the help for it? Or are you one of those that don't keep that window open?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(7,048 Views)

Yes there are examples and you can still find it by right clicking the function (In your case right click the Basic Function Generator) in LabVIEW. For creating step function why do you need a function generator you can directly step the value manually to the desired value.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(7,038 Views)

Yes, I read the help windows.

If i use the pulse pattern, if I key in the samples=22, amplitude=1, delay=2, width=20,  the waveform i see as described follow:

I see at it reach 1 at 2 second, and continuous(Still at 1) to the 21second.

Can we assume samples = time? meaning, the pulse pattern will stop at 21 second?

Does it means , after 21 second the signal already get chooped off (meaning dont have the off)...this is trying to get the step function.

For the Basic Function Generator, how to simulate a singnal at 2s at the amplitude of 1, and i continuous till 21 second(no off period)...to simulate the step function? 

can I have a look on the vi for that?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(7,032 Views)

what do you mean by  "directly step the value manually to the desired value"?

if i want at the 2s, it reach the amplitude 1

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(7,025 Views)

Create a function generator vi in that give the desired value to which you want to step (for instance ao1 you are using and the present value it holds is 2 V and your desired value is 4 V as step). Check the time once 2 s is reached give the desired step value (So once time reached give the 4 V command to ao1 so it will hold the same value until you give the next one). It just works like a switch from one value to other.

-----

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(7,022 Views)

thanks for your explanation. can have a simple vi describe that so that i can modify from there?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(7,018 Views)

I have attached a vi for your reference you can use that as a sub vi ( You have to modify it as per your logic). The vi steps the signal after a defined period of time and holds that until the next trigger happens.

-----

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(7,015 Views)