LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static analog output without a while loop?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello All,

Would like to know if it is possible to configure an analog output instrument card (with DAQmx I presume) to have a static/continuous output, without needing to use a while loop.  I wouls want to send it a single value,rather than an array or a waveform.  This would be similar to the option for digital I/O cards to have static channels instead of waveform channels.  From the examples I have seen, there always seems to be a while loop needed, even if the channel is setup for a single sample, but I think it would be cleaner and easier to control dynamically without the loop (particularily if I am running several VIs in parallel).  My particular application involves configuring the Analog I/O, then running various tests with other instrument cards.  Please advise.  Thanks.

GSinMN 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,297 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GSinMN
No, you don't need a loop. A DAQmx Write set for 1Sample is all that you need. Please attach am image of the block diagram of one of these examples. My guess is that the example is simply a way to accept changes in output without having to rerun the entire VI.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,284 Views)

That was easy.  Thanks for the quick response, Dennis.  Probably no need to sift through through the examples again if I just plain misunderstood the function.  If I know that all I need to do is start the task, set the single sample and pass the handle out of the subVI, I can retrieve it later to stop and clear the task whenever everything else is complete.

Thanks again,

GSinMN  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,271 Views)