cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

States machine:: how to find number of transitions:

Solved!
Go to solution

@ToeCutter wrote:

Dude, it's not complex to read the LabVIEW help on property nodes.

Right click on your 'm' value on the diagram, select 'create->property node', right click it and select 'change to write', and use the little hand tool to select the property 'value' on it. Then wire it to the output of your right hand block.

haha sorry about that

but i mean i never used property node before
it solved
thank you to alll

with kuds

hi ?Q>

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(421 Views)

@ToeCutter wrote:

You could change the original array by creating a property node linked to its value and connecting it where your arrow is.

Why a property node?  Using the Value property is just like using a local variable except it is incredibly SLOWER.

That array should be an indicator since only the program is updating it.  Secondly, the count array should be stored in a shift register.  By using a shift register and the terminal of the indicator, no property node or local variable is needed.  And this is the perfect place for an In Place Element Structure.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(404 Views)

"Using the Value property is just like using a local variable except it is incredibly SLOWER."

Thanks. That's news to me. Why is that?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(399 Views)

@ToeCutter wrote:

"Using the Value property is just like using a local variable except it is incredibly SLOWER."

Thanks. That's news to me. Why is that?

Using a property node still opens you up to the race condition issues as a local variable.  So it has no benefit over the local.  But the property node is a lot slower since it has to go through more hoops as well as swap to the UI thread.  Thread swapping is very expensive.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 14 of 15
(396 Views)

Thanks for the info.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(384 Views)