LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Statechart module - timing in asynchronous statechart

Hallo folks,

I am wondering if it is possible to internally time an asynchronous statechart in the current statechart odule. To explain, I would like to automatically switch between states (Wait, Generate) in an asychronous statechart. For example a simple application where when the statecharts starts running it enters init mode. If the user activates a "Start" control it generates a number than goes to the wait state for a defined period of time .After this time elapses it again generates a new number. So it repeats the process of waiting and generating as long as the user does not press a stop button which sends a stop trigger.  The reason I want to use the timing within the statechart is because i want to have various timings for different tasks and wnat to avoid the classic too many parralel loops with a queue message handler. Therefore, I can not use a timeout external trigger from within the UI loop because essentially there is only one trigger I can send from the timeout state of the UI loop. I neeed it asynchronous since various parts of the application have to execute at different timing. Does anyone have any hint for such task ? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Karel

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,145 Views)

Hi Karlito,

Thank You for posting this question. If I understand your description the "genereate" and the "wait" states would always follow one another. I was wondering if it is ok for you to create only one state in which the number is generated and the application waits for a defined period of time.

Good luck with your application,

Tamas

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,080 Views)