LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State machine with array

Hi, 

I had a question wrt state machine. Is it possible to make a statemachine with for loop as an array numerical input for max and min operation? How to create the same operation with array input in case of while loop?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,296 Views)

You should specify more the details, what is your goal with this?

What about min/max operations? There is a min/max function for arrays, you do not need to index it out...

edit: and why you mention state machine? State machine is one thing, array manipulation is another thing...

edit: or your qestion is about that, you want to make a state machine using a FOR loop instead of a WHILE loop? Why?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,276 Views)

Duplicate thread

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,267 Views)

Hi,

I have analog in signal from a daq device, these are array of signals. I have a limit for each signal, so i have to make sure that that signal doesn't go above limit or below limit. I have to check atleast 5 times the values of each signal before making a warning or alarm. So i have array of signal inputs, for this type of mechanism i have to create a state machine. so how to go ahead with while loop or for loop?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,261 Views)

That doesn't sound like a state machine.  That just sounds like a processing loop.  FOR loops are perfectly fine for that.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,254 Views)

Hi, 

Is it possible to do in these kind of operation in a state machine (Input array). if so how?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,245 Views)

Hi, 

Is it possible to do in these kind of operation in a state machine (Input array). if so how?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,245 Views)
It makes no sense to have states that represent the readings. You can have a single state that evaluates all of them in the array. Is that what you are asking?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,236 Views)

Hi,

Readings are not states here i wanted to ask, increment in incase limit is higher or lower decrementing in case like that  other functions in the program for warning and alarming the user. For that puepose i asked state machine wrt For loop or while loop. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,228 Views)

Before you use the words "state machine" again, please go read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finite-state_machine

Nothing you're talking about has anything to do with a state machine.  But, let's answer your original question. It's silly to make a state machine with a For Loop.  If a For Loop makes sense for the application, a state machine doesn't.  It's a trivial task to add a Shutdown state to a state machine to stop the While Loop.  If that doesn't make sense for what you're trying to do, then you don't want a state machine.  When you're aware enough to know you don't know a lot about the topic, it's generally a bad to marry yourself to the idea of a state machine even though those you seek for help are telling you that's not the answer.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,218 Views)