LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State diagram creation

I am trying to create an interface in which the user would have a palette of various states and decisions.  What I would like the user to be able to do is to drag and drop these various states and decisions onto a "sandbox" where they would basically build there own state diagram. How might one allow the user to drag and drop some sort of picture to create this state diagram? Basically I am looking to create something similar to the State diagram toolkit I just can't figure out how to allow the user to drag and drop the various states and decisions to different places on the screen.  Is this done in a listbox? And if so, how might one insert pictures into the listbox?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,421 Views)
Since you can't drop pictures and expect them to be part of the code, the only thing I can think of is to have a block diagram with all of your choices.  This diagram would have to be created by standard methods of selecting structures, functions, etc. from the functions palette in the block diagram.  You could use decorations objects to separate or "box in" your selections.  The user would then have to open your selection vi block diagram, open a blank vi, then select all parts of the desired selection and either copy/paste or drag to the blank vi.  Your selection block diagram can be quite large and hard to handle, unless you have a dual monitor system or a very large screen.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,415 Views)
You may want to check out the statediagram toolkit or Labhsm is a good one. I even think with labhsm you can do it programmatically which is what you want. There are other ways but we are not allowed to dicuss those methods here. You should check out www.lavausergroup.org for more features of this kind.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,408 Views)