From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starterkit 1.0 FPGA help

hi,

how can i use the FPGA Input port in labview starterkit 1.0. I am trying to use the AI8 pin to read voltage from sharp snesor. can anyone help. I already check the j7 pin configuration but I am not able to compile the FPGA from the project. Any Help please

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,912 Views)

Hello,

My name is Ed and I am with National Instruments Technical support. I’m happy to assist with this issue you are having however first will need more information as to what it is you are trying to achieve. Am I correct in assuming that by LabVIEW starterkit 1.0 you are referring to the NI LabVIEW Robotics Starter Kit 1.0? I am not certain as to what you mean by the j7 configuration port so if you could just clarify this and also are you attempting to compile FPGA code to the sbRIO or deploy code to the device which then communicates with the FPGA? Have you made sure you have installed the Xilinx compile tools, for which you can identify the minimum compiler tool version here:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/02EBA6105D04A1E686257D4E00144C92

A good initial step would be for you to ensure that the device is visible in NI MAX under remote systems in the left hand pane. If this is the case then you can establish settings for the sbRIO here as well as create a report by right clicking the device and selecting “create report”. An NI MAX report will outline all the software, configuration settings and hardware of your device which you are attempting to compile to, at the same time you could also generate a similar report by clicking File->create report for the PC host system for which you are attempting to compile. Have you also previously compiled FPGA code on the machine you are using such as the host PC?

Regards,
Ed.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,576 Views)