LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start button for serial data

I want to read data only if i press a start button and stop reading data (even zeros) if i press start button off. How i can do this ?

I figured out a way to do this. 

I don't understand how you are getting zeroes if you hit the stop button.  If you hit the stop button, the while loop then the VI will end.

Sorry for the confusion, it is not stop button i am talking about, if i press the start button of a case structure to off state then i am reading the zeros.

Thanks for your help and time.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 24
(921 Views)

Hello,

I have one more simple question. In My Vi whenever i press a Start button(Boolean push button on) i will store the value in the indicator and when i press stop button (Boolean push button off) it will replace the previosly stored value with the present running values. Is there any way i can store the value in indicator some wher else(in another indicator)  for permanently. So that it cannot get replaced by the present running values.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 24
(879 Views)

You could just use another shift register.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 24
(871 Views)

Hello,

I tried using another shift register. But it is replacing the stored value with the present value.

How exactly can i use another shift regiser in my Vi?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 24
(862 Views)