LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start Asynchronous Call available on Real-Time or not?

If I work on code on an RT target the new Start Asyncronous Call nodes do not show up on the Application Control Palette.

However, LabVIEW does not complain if I trick it to run such a node on RT by adding it while editing it for a Windows target...So, is the asyncronous call supported on RT, or not? Well, it does not seem to behave the way you would expect it to..as far as I've ben able to establish so far, but should it? Will it be fully supported (show up on the palette etc.) later?

Message 1 of 7
(2,828 Views)

Up !

Any answers ?

I have the same questions ...

Regards,

Da Helmut
Voir le profil de Maxime M. sur LinkedIn - View Maxime M.'s profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,799 Views)

Still no answers?

I have the same question.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,768 Views)

Hello Everyone,

Right now the functions do not show up on the RT Palette.  This has been reported to R&D as CAR 318438.  We want to support these functions on RT but at the 2011 release they weren't ready.

That being said the VI will not break if you move a VI from the my computer context to a real-time context.

Regards,

Jon S.
National Instruments
LabVIEW NXG Product Owner
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,761 Views)

Has this been fixed in LV2012?  The Asynchronous Call still doesn't show up in the RT Pallet, but is it supported yet?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,688 Views)

I can't comment on whether Asynchronous Call is officially supported on RT in LV 2012 (because I don't know the answer).  However, I've used it extensively on RT, and I haven't experienced any problems.  Keep in mind that dynamically launching background VIs is going to introduce jitter into your RT system, but that is to be expected.

-Chris M

Message 6 of 7
(2,676 Views)

They are also a pain to trouble shoot since there is no block diagram 😕

Still hoping for a Labview Task Manager at some point 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,668 Views)