LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Standard output on system exec VI

I am trying to run an executable from command line using system execute vi.The executable  runs fine but i do not get the standard output string despite turning the Wait till completion field TRUE which has to make the system exec vi return an output string.I am running Labview 2012 on a win 10 machine and working in compatibilty mode .Can anyone suggest what may have gone wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(6,184 Views)

Well without seeing your code, we can only suggest things like "try it during a different moon phase".

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(6,178 Views)

Can you post your code or at least a screenshot?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(6,177 Views)

Remember that there is Standard Error and Standard Output.  I found a couple of command line programs that would return text as Standard Error, but when you run it in a normal terminal you aren't aware of this, you just see text.  So when I care about the output I usually use the Concatenate String to merge the two outputs, not knowing which one that program will return.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(6,167 Views)

I have wired the command line leaving standard input terminal open.The standard output is connected to response string.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(6,100 Views)
HI, By watching that image no one can guess whats going on post your code wt exactly your sending command and if the concatenate string output returns a empty string system exec will return a error.
Venugopal
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(6,094 Views)

The concatenate returns the expected output.I was just wanting to know if there is a problem running system exec vi in compatibility mode.To me everything works fine except the system exec vi.Has anyone faced a problem running the system exec vi of LV 12.0 in win 10 yet?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(6,089 Views)
Hi, Try that using cmd prompt if it works there it will definitely works in system exec.
Venugopal
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(6,085 Views)

That is what confuses me.It works on the cmd but does not do on system exec.Well the code gets executed (as seen when I keep cmd open) but does not return anything to system exec while it is supposed to .

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(6,080 Views)
Hi, There is an example vi for system exec vi . command line execution vi run this vi so that you will know whether it is working on win 10
Venugopal
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(6,078 Views)