LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stand alone .exe GPIB communication issue

The driver did not come with an installer, just a zip file? That would be unusual. Where did you unzip everything?

Let me ask another question. For the exe that you built, is the chroma dll in the Data folder underneath the exe?
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 26
(673 Views)

This is where I found the driver: http://www.chromaate.com/(S(fqaqdsno3s4zjl52gafwaicx))/drivers/index

I picked both links for the 62000P series (I just realized that the first one was for LabWindows.. although it seemed to be a NI IVI package). Currently, I have uninstalled the LabWindows driver and deleted the IVI sessions for the chr26000. It is still working inside LabVIEW but not as a .exe.

I unzipped the LabVIEW package in my project folder. Then I included the VI library in my project and set the .dll path to that same folder.

And yes the chroma dll is located in the data folder underneath the exe.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(670 Views)
That's an installation process that I have never used for an IVI driver. A driver from NI always includes an installer that places the .dll, .h, etc files in IVI foundation standard locations and a LabVIEW driver in the standard instr.lib folder. I don't know how to fix your problem with the session handle, sorry.
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(658 Views)

Well, I think that the second package available (says its for LabWindows) on the Chroma website refers to what you're talking about. It's an IVI installer that placed a .dll file under the IVI foundation folder in program files. It also added the chr62000 to my driver sessions in the MAX.

Although, I've never used that kind of installer before, so I'm not sure how I would call the Chroma's VI only using that package. Could you give me any information? Am I supposed to use the VIs from the first LabVIEW package?

Does the IVI installer create VIs inside LabVIEW or do I still need to import them?

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(646 Views)

Hi mxmxm,

You should be using the VI's from the first LabVIEW package. The other package you downloaded would be specifically for LabWindows and to my knowledge the VI's installed using that installer would be inaccessible from LabVIEW. Could you give me a better understanding of your file layout within your .exe?

There is an option under the application properties >> Advanced that says "Use 8.x file layout". Try using this option and see if it changes anything.

Collin D.
Software Product Manager
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 26
(624 Views)

Just rolled the 8-Ball

What exactly is the OS?  Windows x.x?  Home, or Enterprise?

It seems like the "Home Premium" edition has some restrictions on writing to C:\<whatever> from an app located in <Program Files>  Just an unusual experience I had lately.........

Try moving your app to a new folder on the desktop.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 26
(590 Views)