LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stand alone .exe GPIB communication issue

Hello,

I'm currently trying to build a .exe of a VI I've created that communicates with a power supply through GPIB (setting voltages & reading powers). Although the VI runs correctly inside LabVIEW, it keeps failing when I build it as an .exe.

I've tried debugging the .exe through the LabVIEW debugging option and found out that the power supply's VIs were returning this error:
"-1074130544 session handle not valid"

I have NI-VISA, NI-Serial, NI-488 and all the other stuff installed. Also, I'm testing my .exe on the same PC where the original VI is correctly working.

I've tried looking out on internet... though it seems there's only a few people who had that issue.

When I look in my project's dependancies, I can see all the power supply's VI needed and the .dll. The .dll file also seems to be compiled with the .exe (located in the build folder).

I really don't have a clue what's the problem... any advice would be welcomed!

I've attached the project and the main VI file.

Thanks!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 26
(3,260 Views)

The chr62000 driver dll needs to be added to the always enclude list.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 26
(3,248 Views)

Tried that, added the .dll to the "always included" section. Still doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 26
(3,237 Views)

Also, if that can be of any help, I'm using a USB/GPIB Agilent adaptor to wire my Chroma power supplies to the PC. That may be the issue considering Agilent and NI drivers could be conflicting... Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 26
(3,234 Views)
The use of an Agilent controller should be handled in MAX with tulip support enabled. Installing NI-488 and NI-Serial is pointless but since the VI works, does not appear to cause any harm. The error is with the IVI resource. How is the driver configured in MAX? To which dll is it pointing to?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 26
(3,216 Views)

I've already enabled the Tulip.dll inside MAX. How do I know to which dll the driver is pointing?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 26
(3,181 Views)
Look at how the IVI session is configured in MAX.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 26
(3,171 Views)

It says the pathfile is chr62000_32.dll (by default).

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 26
(3,164 Views)
That's the name of the dll, not the entire path.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 26
(3,162 Views)

If it's the correct .dll name, I suppose that it must be correct path too. What else could be wrong??

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 26
(3,157 Views)