LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spreading array of cluster on Tabs control

1. I have an array of cluster(32) taken as in attached VI.

2. Since same values are to be repeated so I have taken a array.

3. On front panel if I place each cluster on different tab group then it will be more easy to use.

4. One solution is to work without array & place each cluster on tab group. But this creates 32 different cluster on block diagram & all have same function so it seem very cluttered on block diagram.

5. How to do that that on block diagram so that I have arry to process in block while on front panel I can show values on tab group e.g 32 tab group will have 32 values.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,220 Views)

One way you can do is by having the cluster in an array and hide the index input. Instead use a Enum/ring with 32 items for selection. So based on the selection change the index of the array control.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,204 Views)

I'm on an older version of LabVIEW so I can't open your VI, but based on your text description, I think P@Anand has the right idea. You could take this a step further: place a single array control, containing the cluster and sized to show a single element, on your front panel. Place it on top of the tab control (rather than inside a specific tab) - you can do this by placing it outside the tab, selecting it, and using the arrow keys on the keyboard to move it. In edit mode you'll see a "shadow" to indicate that it's on top, rather than inside, the tab, but that will go away when running. As P@Anand suggested, hide the index display. Use the Tab control's enum value as the array index selector. The easiest way to do this is probably an event case on the tab control value change; when it changes, update the array index display.

Message 3 of 5
(3,138 Views)

What else is on the tabs?

How many elements are in the timer array and why are you wiring a 32 to N if you are autoindexing? Do you ultimately want 32 tabs? Seems too much!

What is the purpose of the sequence structure? Seems pretty pointless.

How does this interface to the rest of your code?

Why do you have duplicate diagram constants with the same value (e.g. some formats). Just use one and branch the wire.

How often does this run?

You could get rid of the tab structure and e.g. replace the array index terminal with a integer slide to make the desire element visible, for example.

We probably would need more information to give more specific advice.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,126 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

You could get rid of the tab structure and e.g. replace the array index terminal with a integer slide to make the desire element visible, for example.

Good advice, I would actually suggest a single column listbox.  That way the index of the selected item is the index of the array you want.  Here you can also rename the items in the listbox just like you could in the tab, but now it is a bit easier to use instead of trying to navigate a tab control with 32 tabs on who know how many rows.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,073 Views)